Hair transplant in other areas
Nowadays, a hair transplant can be performed in various parts of the body where it previously existed, which is why at Instituto Trius we offer various systems for this type of transplant.
Men and women who, for certain non-pathological causes (scars, burns, congenital agenesis) lack all or part of the eyebrow.
Cases where epilation has been performed repeatedly and have very thin eyebrows, or with bald areas.
In cases of basic pathology such as hypothyroidism, universal alopecia, etc. First, we treat this disease and then assess the response to treatment. Once treated, it will be possible, if still necessary, to perform a transplantation of the eyebrows.
What is a beard or mustache transplant?
Principally, a good eyebrow design, establishing a consensus with the patient.
The procedure is done under local anesthesia.
First the follicular units of the scalp area are obtained. These follicular units can be obtained in two ways depending on the number or quantity required:
A- FUSS technique:resecting a small strip (5 x 0.5 cm) of scalp that is later sutured, leaving a scar that is practically invisible (Trichophytic technique). This strip will be further processed by the surgical team to make the grafts.
B- FUE technique: using a 0.8mm diameter punch, which does not require suturing.
Dr. Trius then performs the micro incisions that will house the grafts, the incisions will be 0.80 mm, in the precise direction and angle of the specific area of the eyebrow. Finally, the grafts are implanted in each of the incisions.
It is painful?
This type of procedure is done under local anesthesia. With the aim of the patient being relaxed, a tranquillizer will be administered orally.
How is the postoperative?
● It is not a painful procedure at all.
● During the 2 days following the procedure there will be slight inflammation in the eyelids. To reduce it, it is advisable to apply something cold and take anti-inflammatory medication.
● Postural measures such as sleeping with a slightly raised head.
● Application of arnica-based creams to help cure any possible bruising. Generally by the 4th day only a slight yellowish coloration remains and can be covered with makeup.
● The day after the intervention, the area already has scabs that should not be touched or picked.
● The area remains red for about 15 days. Starting from the week of the procedure or from the moment the scabs appear, you can begin to apply make up in the area if necessary.
● It is important to protect yourself from the sun while any redness remains. You should use a high factor sunscreen.
● 8-10 days after the procedure, the first checkup is performed and in the case of having had the FUSS technique, stitches are removed
When does it start to grow?
Keep in mind that the hair that comes out of each graft, which is seen after the freshly performed intervention, is likely to fall out during the first 2-3 weeks, or when the scabs fall off.
The hair follicle that has been grafted will grow a new hair from the 3rd month.
Since the transplanted hair is hair from the scalp, it has the same characteristics and therefore will grow in the same way, so it should be trimmed to the required length periodically.
The transplanted hair can be treated in any way, which is, dyed, cut, etc., if you wish, but only after the first 3 months.
We consider the final result to be achieved after 12 months have passed since the intervention. During this time periodic checkups should be carried out at the consultancy, mainly in months 1, 4, 8, and 12 from the time of the intervention.
Beard and / or mustache transplant
Who can benefit from a beard or mustache transplant?
● People with short or patchy beards, i.e. non-homogeneous beard
● People with scars that cause a lack of continuity in the beard or moustache
● Lack of density
What is a beard or mustache transplant?
The procedure is performed in the same way as a hair transplant on the scalp.
It can be done with the FUSS technique or with FUE technique.
Depending on the number of grafts required the procedure can be longer or shorter.
Learn about the procedure of a hair transplant.
Discover the techniques we use.
Chronology of a transplant
All transplant phases explained.
Eyebrows, beard, … discover all the areas where transplantation is possible.
Pre-hair transplant treatments.