Chronology of a transplant
At Instituto Trius we structure your hair transplant in various phases, in order to solve all your doubts and concerns about the treatment, advising the best option for each type of patient.
- Initial interview with Dr. Ana Trius: dialogue on the objectives and expectations of the patient, to clarify with clarity any doubts about the procedure and postoperative care.
- Elaboration of medical history: assessment of the health status of the patient, pathological history and possible causes of alopecia, attention to the alopectic areas and donor area, regarding their density, elasticity, color and hair gauge.
- Delivery of explanatory documentation with the pre and postoperative care.
- Answering queries about the required preoperative analysis.
- Photographic records to study in detail the surgical planning.
(week before procedure)
● Contribution of required preoperative examinations.
● Contribution of signed surgical consent.
● Clarification of doubts and review of the surgical planning.
● Contribution of the extent of the procedure.
Day of the procedure
- The patient must arrive at the clinic at 8am. With the hair washed just with water (an astringent lotion will be provided for the 2 nights before surgery) and having had breakfast (DO NOT have coffee)
- Any questions you might have will be resolved and we will take the hair transplant before photos (in case they haven’t been taken already)
- The donor area is trimmed in collaboration with the patient
- Only the donor area is shaved (it is not necessary to shave the reception area)
The length and width of the area to be excised is determined by the recipient area to be treated, by the density, the caliber of the hair and the elasticity of the scalp.
HOW LONG WILL THE INTERVENTIONS TAKE?
Preparation (30 min)
- Arrival at the center at 8:00 in the morning
- Pre-surgery photographies
- Design of the recipient area
- Shaving only the donor area
Anesthesia (15 min)
- Preoperative medication: antibiotic and Valium orally
- Anesthesia infiltration in the donor area
Donor Area (max 3 h.)
- Extraction of all necessary follicular units, classification, and preservation of them. Approximately 1000-1200 grafts per hour.
- Anesthesia infiltration and PRP in the recipient area.
Rest (15 min)
A small snack is provided, and the patient can use the restroom, make phone calls, etc.
Recipient Area (max 3 h.)
Implantation of the grafts (approx. 700/hour).
Rest (30 min)
A sandwich is provided, and the patient can use the restroom, make phone calls, etc.
Recipient Area (max 2.5 h.)
Implantation of all the grafts until completion.
End of the transplant
- Photographing of the grafted areas.
- Review and written delivery of medical recommendations for the next week.
- 10 minutes of low-frequency laser to stimulate healing.
- No dressing is applied, just a canvas cap.
Controls or follow-up visits
● The day after your surgery you will have your first hair wash in our clinic and we will show you how to wash your hair at home (you can always come to the clinic and we will do it for you)
● After 10 days approximately, you will visit the clinic for a second follow up meeting and a hair wash to finish removing the scabs of the donor area.
● Follow-up meetings: 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 12 months.
Control of the evolution
● The day after the hair transplant, the receiving area will already have small scabs that will come off after 7 days.
● During the month following hair surgery, a hair follicle will provide a new hair.
● Around 3 months the growth of new hair will begin to become visible, although not everything comes out at once. During the 18 months following the hair transplant, new hairs will begin merging and growing at a rate of 1 cm per month.
Instituto Trius Reommendations
- The patient must arrive at the center at 8:00 in the morning. The hair should only be rinsed with water (they should have used an astringent lotion for the two previous nights) and have had breakfast (NO coffee).
- Any doubts that may exist are resolved, and preoperative photos are taken (if not previously done).
- The pattern of the recipient area to be implanted is designed in collaboration with the patient.
- ONLY THE DONOR AREA is shaved (the recipient area does not need to be shaved).
INSTITUTO TRIUS CASES
Learn about what a transplant consists of.
Learn about the techniques we use
Chronology of a transplant
All phases of the transplant explained.
Learn about some of our patients cases.
Eyebrows, beard, … discover all the areas where transplantation is possible.
Pre-hair transplant treatments.